Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 27, 2011

Cashel was telling me about her day, and mentioned putting on a play at school where she was the hula dancer. I asked her to tell me all about it:

"The play is called Humpty-Dumpty: A New Story. Actually, I just made that up. I don't know what it's called. Humpty-Dumpty was sitting on the wall playing his guitar. Then, some pirates decided they wanted eggs for breakfast. So they put a plate on the ground under him, sneakily, and pushed him off the wall. And then Humpty-Dumpty became 'olk.* Then, a hula dancer came and danced around the pirates, and they ran away. The hula dancer called some animals to help, and they put Humpty-Dumpty back together with glue. Then the animals made a different kind of egg breakfast for the pirates, because Stephanie was a chicken.

Why are you laughing? This is serious."



* Cashel treats the "y" at the start of this word as silent, and has on occasion corrected me when I voice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment